About Me

You can call me Eliot. I'm Just Sayin is my random, quirky, and hopefully somewhat entertaining thoughts on all things pop culture. If you want to get ahold of me, just email me at: eliotisjustsayin AT aol DOT com

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Daily Show is a Book Reviewer



Though I'm a big fan of Jon Stewart and The Daily Show, I don't usually find the books he talks about all that interesting. It's probably because, despite my enjoyment of the show, I'm not really a political person. I don't watch the regular news on a daily basis nor do I debate the pros and cons of various issues all the time.

However, this past week there have been two guests on the show promoting their new literary endeavours and I have to say...I want to read both of these.

The main one would be The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson which goes into the tell-tale signs, as well as people in our world today that are actual psychopaths. It's kind of freaky, yes, but I always found these things fascinating. Psychology in general is very intriguing to me. I mean, what makes people go off and kill someone as opposed to just finding pleasure in their morning cup of coffee?

Can you really imagine what it would be like to suddenly realize one day that a friend, family member, or even your boss might be a psychopath? That certainly goes way beyond the idea that "everyone is a little bit crazy."


The second book that caught my interest via The Daily Show is Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base by Annie Jacobsen.

I know what you're thinking. She just said she isn't really a political person and now she wants to read a book all about Area 51? This girl is crazy! (but definitely not psychopathic...definitely not).

Seriously though, it just sounded really interesting from the interview. She couldn't give away too much about the book...but it goes way beyond aliens visiting us in Roswell...and certainly a bit freakier. Yeah, freakier than aliens. This shit is crazy.

I'm Just Sayin' 





none of these pictures are mine. I just find them amusing/informative.

4 comments:

  1. The Psychopath Test sounds incredibly interesting. I wish they would have assigned that book as required reading when I was in college taking Psych classes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower here, it's great to meet you!

    I'm just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The psychopath book sounds really fasciting! Thanks for stopping by my blog- I'm happy to have discovered yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the field of psychology and The Psychology Test caught my eye. It would be freaky though if once you've read the book you start looking at people differently, even suspecting...

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete